Don't dating is lara dutta Anderson
Lara Dutta is one of the widely recognized actresses in the Indian cinema who is also known for being a beauty queen, model and producer. She is married to the tennis star sensation Mahesh Bhupati. She was crowned with the beauty pageant Miss Universe in the year 2000. Till date, she has been involved in a number of successful movies like Masti, Houseful, No Entry, Kaal etc and her role in the movie Azhar was appreciated by the critics. If you are an ardent fan of this actress, then we are sharing some amazing Lara Dutta facts that you would love to discover about her. It will help to know her closely and you will start appreciating her more.
1. She was born on 16th April 1978 at Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh. She did her schooling from St. Francis Xavier Girls’ High School in Bengaluru and her higher studies from University of Mumbai. She has a degree in Economics with minors in Communications.
2. Her hobbies include water rafting, cooking, para gliding and bungee jumping. Lara’s favourite food includes Rajma Chawal, Punjabi, Thai and Chinese cuisines.
3. Lara Dutta has been extremely talented since childhood. When she was ten years old, she learnt athletics, jumping and other superior sports. Her dream was to become a pilot but little did she knew that she would have a glorious career in the showbiz world.
4. Lara’s favourite actor is Shah Rukh Khan and favourite actress is Madhuri Dixit. Her favourite movies include Sholay and 1942 A Love Story. The favourite perfume brands of this actress are Heaven Scent, Tom Ford Black Orchid and Thierry Mughal Angel.In the year 2000, she was dropped from the lead role in a B-grade movie as the director thought that she was a bad actress.
5. After being crowned with the Miss Universe title, she started her modelling career and was seen in a number of commercials. In the year 2003, she made her entry into the Bollywood industry and her debut movie was Andaz. The movie was applauded and she won the Filmfare Award for the Best Debut Heroine and Star Best Female Debut Award.
6. Everyone knows that she was adorned with the beauty title in 2000 but you will be surprised to learn that she is the only contestant in the history of the Miss Universe contest where she had made the highest score ever. She was awarded with the highest score of 9.99 by the judges.
7. Apart from being fluent in Hindi and English, Lara Dutta can speak several other languages like Bengali, Kannada, Punjabi and French.
8. She comes from a defence background where her father is a retired Wing Commander in the Indian Air Force while her elder sister Sabrina is also an officer in Air Force.
9. Before tying the nuptial knots with Mahesh Bhupati, Lara Dutta was in a relationship with Kelly Dorjee for quite some time. Unfortunately the relationship did not materialize and both of them had to separate. Apart from that, she was dating Dino Morea for a short time before she dumped him in order to focus on her career.
10. When Lara Dutta started dating Mahesh Bhupati, he was still married and was not divorced with his wife. After the divorce, both of them got married and did not have a lot of time dating each other. She has given birth to cute girl in the year 2012.
11. Lara Dutta represented India at Miss Intercontinent in the year 1997. She was ranked first in that competition. The interesting thing to note that she was just 18 years old to achieve this grand feast.
12. After being crowned with Miss Universe title in 2000, Lara Dutta was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of UNFPA in the year 2001.
13. Lara Dutta has her own production house by the name Bheegi Basanti Productions. The first movie to be released under her banner was Chalo Dilli.
14. Link ups are common with Bollywood actresses and she was rumoured to be linked up with many celebrities across the world including Tiger Woods.
15. While shooting for the debut movie Andaz, she almost got herself drowned and she was rescued by her co-star Akshay Kumar. The funny part is that she does not know how to swim properly.
This former Miss Universe who has made India proud in the beauty pageant continues to charm everyone with her looks and acting skills. She has a wonderful personality and carries herself well. She is very much appreciated around the world for her achievements. Through this blog post, I am sure you get to learn about many untold Lara Dutta facts that you were not aware of earlier. It will surely help you to know your favourite star better.