GURLBIKE.INFO

Scene save updating problems g6lite much Shes Filthy

Windows 10: Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....


  1.    New10 Aug 2015#1

    Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....


    I've just installed Windows 10. Now I find I am unable to save documents. A pop up window says contact the administrator for permission. It is a private pc and I am the main user and administrator. I've seen lots of posts on other forums for exactly the same problem and several suggested fixes that don't work.

    Anyone suggestions?


  2. Posts : 19 Win10 Pro / Win7 Ultimate
       New10 Aug 2015#2

    Make sure that the OWNER of the folder is your 'user profile' OR the 'Administrators' group. Then assign the proper permissions per user group or per user profile.
    Owner of Files and Folders - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums


  3. Posts : 17 Windows 10
       New10 Aug 2015#3

    Thanks, I am the owner of all the files and I'm also the administrator on the computer with complete control over all files etc. / except that I no longer have control! I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and on that had no problems.

    Anyone have any other suggestions


  4.    New10 Aug 2015#4

    Im having the same problem.......if id known this i wouldve stayed on windows 7 i cant save anything where i want....
    Jkd said:
    Thanks, I am the owner of all the files and I'm also the administrator on the computer with complete control over all files etc. / except that I no longer have control! I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and on that had no problems.

    Anyone have any other suggestions

  5.    New10 Aug 2015#5

    I'm having the same problems, I can save to one drive but not to the PC. Its really frustrating. Does anyone have a fix?


  6.    New10 Aug 2015#6

    Your not the only ones it's a common problem after the upgrade and not a universal fix, search the forums some have fixed this and some have not.

    Regards

  7. Posts : 17 Windows 10
       New10 Aug 2015#7

    Yes, I've looked at forums. they include all sorts of ideas and lots of failures to solve the problem.

    Here are other ways NOT to solve the problem (I've tried them)

    1. Revert to Windows 8.1, since the problem didn't occur in that version. This did not work! I now have the same problem in Windows 8.1

    2. Disconnect from the microsoft account and sign in using a local account. Also does not work.

    3. Disable all features that you can of One Drive. Also does not work.


  8.    New10 Aug 2015#8

    Wow this is the first time I have seen a windows 10 problem go back to your previous OS.

    Did you not create a Disk Image before upgrading that you can restore to put you back to your origanal OS.
    Jkd said:
    Yes, I've looked at forums. they include all sorts of ideas and lots of failures to solve the problem.

    Here are other ways NOT to solve the problem (I've tried them)

    1. Revert to Windows 8.1, since the problem didn't occur in that version. This did not work! I now have the same problem in Windows 8.1

    2. Disconnect from the microsoft account and sign in using a local account. Also does not work.

    3. Disable all features that you can of One Drive. Also does not work.

  9. Posts : 17 Windows 10
       New10 Aug 2015#9

    Well, I have everything backed up routinely on an external HD, but I don't know if that is the same as a system image


  10.    New10 Aug 2015#10

    Nope a system image is everything, your whole operating system as it is at the time of the image being taken.
    Jkd said:
    Well, I have everything backed up routinely on an external HD, but I don't know if that is the same as a system image

 

How to Change Location where New Apps will Install and Save to in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can select where new Windows apps from the Store will install and save data to by default instead of on the default Windows "This PC (C)" drive...
This just started yesterday. I have tried using Take Ownership on everything but it still says I don't permission to save anything. I can save things in certain folders and Desktop but I can't save anything under my Documents, Pictures, OneDrive or...
Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I get the message saying that i do have permission to save in this location,contact the...
I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now cannot save files to my folders. I am listed as administrator when I boot up and this is my personal laptop PC, so there are no other users. I have looked and looked for where to fix this and cannot find where...
How to Set Default and Public Save Location of Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can include folders and drives to a library as you like. A library's...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Forum Rules


https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/14866-windows-10-you-dont-have-permission-save-location.html